One day, you have a full mouth of natural teeth and then you end up facing tooth loss. Without your teeth, you know the new sensation of a smile that has natural teeth (and spaces where there simply are no teeth left). Then, you decide to be very responsible and fill those spaces, so you protect your oral health and get your smile back. However, you might run into one major concern: What will your smile feel like once you get your dental implants? Not to worry. Things will be just fine. Not quite ready to take our word for it? Try out a quick quiz for reassurance.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: When you receive your dental implants, you will be a tiny bit sore afterwards. However, it’s generally very tolerable and may even only require over-the-counter pain relief.
- True or False: It’s going to be a surprisingly quick transition from the time you receive your implants to the time they feel just like a natural part of your smile.
- True or False: While implants will improve the way your smile looks, they will still leave you with some difficulty with chewing and enunciating.
- True. While you can certainly request prescription strength pain relief if necessary, placement generally leads to soreness that will not be very disruptive and that is easy to treat.
- True. It won’t be immediate. However, the transition will take place very quickly. One day, your dental implants will feel a bit strange. The next: They’ll feel like your own.
- False. Welcome to one of the biggest benefits of replacing the entirety of your teeth with implants: Your speaking and chewing will become flawless again!
Protect Your Smile By Choosing Implants
Remember that you can expect an exceptional array of benefits when you choose dental implants. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.