As dental professionals, we’ve got all of the information regarding dental implants and your options safely stored in our minds. As a result, it’s our job to provide you with all of the details you need when you’re doing your best to make a choice as you address tooth loss. When we’re helping you choose the type of implant solution that will work best for you, we encourage you to begin by considering all that is available for your smile (and to ask questions along the way).
You Can Choose Single Implants (Or Not)
Whether you’re missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or even all of the teeth in your smile, you can choose single implants if you wish to. The way a single dental implant works is as follows:
- You will receive one implant post per opening in your smile
- We will restore each implant post with a single dental crown
- You may replace as many teeth as you wish with this method (or you may choose to avoid single implants altogether, depending on your preferences)
You Can Choose Multiple Implants
When we talk about multiple implant options, we don’t mean choosing more than one single implant. We mean using two or more dental implants to support a bigger prosthetic. Here’s what you need to know:
- You will receive an implant post in some of your openings but not each one
- The implants you receive will provide support to the prosthetic of your choosing, which we refer to as a “restoration”
- Your restoration may include an implant-supported dental bridge, partial denture, or full denture
Come In To Learn About Dental Implant Options
Learn more about your dental implant options by speaking with us during a scheduled consultation. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.